Parents and professionals care refer a child to the school nursing team for advice and support. Some of support we can offer:
• Advice, information and signposting for general health issues
• Initial advice and assessment for emotional and mental health issues including offering basic strategies.
• Sexual health
• Night time bedwetting (nocturnal enuresis)
• Healthy eating and weight management
• Tobacco, alcohol, drugs, substance misuse.
You can always contact our school nursing duty line on 0300 123 7572 (Monday-Friday, 9am-5pm, excluding bank holidays) if you would like to discuss a referral with a school nurse.
Please see https://www.hertsfamilycentres.org/info-and-advice/parents-and-mums-to-be/school-nurses.aspx to submit the referral.