Dental hygiene is so important. A child needs to be taught how to brush their teeth as soon as they start to appear.
We all need to take the best care possible in looking after our teeth, keeping our teeth, gums and mouth clean so we can eat our food, talk and to give lovely smiles to each other.
To maintain a clean comfortable and healthy mouth:
- Clean teeth, gums and tongue twice a day, especially last thing at night.
- Use a small headed, tooth brush with just a smear of family fluoride toothpaste for babies and children under 3 years of age, a pea size amount for 3 years and over.
- Children should be supervised by an adult when tooth brushing until they are at least 7 years of age.
- Limit sugary foods and drinks to meal times.
- If a snack is necessary between meals, fruit and vegetables are good choices.
- Plain milk & still water are the only safe drinks between meals for teeth.
- Visit the dentist regularly.
Also take a look at the link below on taking care of childrens teeth.