It’s ok to recognise your weaknesses, but you also need to remember your strengths and the things you are good at.
These thoughts are to do with your body image and self-esteem, which you can find out more about in this video:
- Body image is how you think and feel about the way you look, and self-esteem is how you think and feel about how you are inside.
- Imagine a parrot sitting on your shoulder, this parrot is mean, unhelpful and makes nasty comments about you. Listening to this parrot can make you feel upset, but you don’t have to listen to them.
- The next time you hear the parrot say something mean, just think ‘it’s that parrot again, they are lying, and I don’t have to listen to them!’. Then focus on something else that makes you happy.
- Be kind to yourself. Just think what you would say to a friend if they were feeling like this.
- There is always someone to help you if you feel upset, like a teacher, school nurse or your parents. If you’re worried about someone else, speak to a grownup.