These can include:
- Eating too much
- Eating food that has gone off
- Eating food that you are allergic to
- Tummy bugs
- Feeling worried
- Feeling too hot
- Not drinking enough
Sometimes we may feel sick, but not actually be sick.
When you are sick, your body is trying to get rid of what is in your tummy to make you feel better.
What happens when we are sick?
When you are sick, whatever was in your stomach is pushed back the way it came and out of your mouth… yuk!!
You can’t stop yourself from being sick, but there are some things you can do to help you feel better.
What can we do to feel better?
- The best thing to do when you’ve been sick is to rest. Lie down for a bit, maybe to watch your favourite TV programme or if you feel really poorly go to bed and sleep
- Try drinking sips of water regularly
- Try to eat some dried toast, plain biscuits or crackers
- If something is worrying you try talking to someone such as your parent/carer, teacher or the school nurse