Did you know a child attending primary school should be sleeping between 11-12 hours?
It is important for your child’s health and wellbeing to get a good night’s sleep. Sleep is vital to aid development, however; some children do struggle to fall asleep or sleep through the night. Below are some handy tips to aid a good night’s sleep:
- Keep the bedroom dark, if lighting is required ensure lights are dimmed
- Avoid having screens in the bedroom
- Avoid using screens at least one hour before bedtime
- Keep a regular sleep routine as well as a rising routine
- A warm bath before bedtime will help your child relax
- For further advice and support contact your school nursing service