Looking after my teeth
Shine TimeGet ready to stop that sugar through 6 fun tooth-brushing rounds
You can make sure your teeth are healthy by:
- Not eating too many sweets
- Brushing your teeth for at least two minutes, twice a day using a squirt of toothpaste (Tip: a timer is useful for measuring two minutes)
- Changing your toothbrush every three to four months to stop it wearing out
- Making sure you brush every bit of each tooth – front and back, top and bottom!
- Visiting your dentist at least once a year
If you don’t have a dentist, your Parent/Carer can visit the NHS website or contact 111 to find one nearby.
You should have your own toothbrush, these are not for sharing with anyone else.