Teeth are very important and you need to take really good care of them because they need to last you your whole lifetime.
Shine TimeGet ready to stop that sugar through 6 fun tooth-brushing rounds
The things that you can do to make sure your teeth are healthy include:
- Eating healthy snacks and not too many sweets.
- Brush your teeth for at least two minutes, twice a day using a pea-size squirt of fluoride toothpaste. An egg timer is a good way of measuring two minutes.
- Toothbrushes need to be changed every three to four months to stop them wearing out.
- Make sure you brush every bit of each tooth – front and back, top and bottom!
- Never run about with a toothbrush in your mouth, because if you fall over it will really hurt.
- Visit your dentist at least once a year.
Did You Know?You have 20 baby teeth, which will start falling out when you are about six years old. By the time you are an adult you will have 32 teeth.
If you don’t have a dentist, your Parent/Carer can visit NHS Choices or contact 111 to find one nearby.