Dedicated vaccination clinics are being provided in Leicestershire and Rutland for adults and children with a learning disability. The clinics will offer both the flu and covid vaccines for anyone who is registered as having a learning disability. The clinics are taking place on the following dates:
- Wednesday 22 November, from 3pm to 5pm at Oakham Enterprise Park LE15 7TU, for ages 12 years and over. People can just drop-in, no appointment needed.
- Sunday 26 November from 9am to 4pm at Emmanuel Church Hall, 47 Forest Rd, Loughborough LE11 3NW, for ages 12 years and over. Please book in advance.
- Sunday 3 December, at Emmanuel Church Hall, for ages:
- 5 to 17 years, from 9am to 1pm – Please book in advance.
- 18 years and over, from 1pm to 4pm – Please book in advance.
The clinics have been designed to offer a calming, friendly and more supportive environment to people with a learning disability, their accompanying family members or carers.
The clinics have longer appointment times and are staffed with health care professionals who specialise in learning disability support and care. Every effort will be made to provide for individual needs; for people who do not wish to enter the clinic, vaccinations can be administered to them whilst they sit in their car outside.
There will be an additional clinic on Sunday 7 December, for drive-thru vaccinations, where people will be vaccinated while they are in their vehicle. This clinic will be held at Belvoir Shopping Centre, Coalville LE67 3XA from 10am to 4pm, offering both Covid and flu vaccines.
Please note that that people will need to buy a car parking ticket for the Belvoir Shopping Centre car park. A half hour appointment can be booked in advance; alternatively people can just turn up.
How to book
Bookings for all clinics can be made by telephone: 0116 497 5700, and select option 1, giving the person’s name, age and details of any requirements or adaptations needed.
The telephone line is open Mondays to Fridays 8am – 8pm and on Saturdays between 9am – 5pm.